-->

4.03.2012

Quiche with smoked salmon and spinach


Before I jet off on my next holiday I've got a recipe to share with you.

It is inspired by the salmon and spinach quiche sold at Paul. I love Paul. His bread smells oh so amazing all fresh and warm. When I was in Bordeaux a few weekends ago I tried one of their individual quiches filled with smoked salmon and spinach.

Delicious.

Ever since then I've been wanting to make the same quiche here at home. We made it last week and it was almost as good as Paul's (I think he must put some kind of drug in his perfectly baked goods).


You only need a few key ingredients to make a great quiche.

This recipe is super easy and super yummy. The smoked salmon and spinach pair wonderfully together. I think this quiche is perfect for spring with the shades of pink and green hiding under the cheese. Oh how I wish we still had some left...

So where does my next adventure begin?

Where will I go?

What will I eat!?!


You'll see when I get back :)



Smoked Salmon and Spinach Quiche

1 pie dough (pâte feuilletée)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup grated emmental cheese (or cheese of your choice), plus extra for topping
1 cup spinach, cooked, coarsely chopped and patted dry
1 cup smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp herbes en provences
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 C

Roll out dough into a 12 inch circle and place into a 10 inch pie/tart dish.

Line with parchment paper and fill with baking weights. Bake for 10 minutes.

While the pastry is baking prepare the filling. In a large bowl add the eggs, cream and milk and mix to combine. Next stir in the spices, followed by the salmon, cheese and spinach.

Once the crust has baked for the first 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool slightly.

Carefully pour the egg mixture into the crust. Bake at 350 C  until the centre is just set, about 30 minutes.

Optional: Sprinkle some extra grated cheese over the top during the last 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. yumm!!
    I've always wanted to try something like this, but the smoked salmon confuses me. Is it warm? Is it in slices? Perhaps we can make it when we're together :)

    ReplyDelete