-->

5.01.2011

Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes


I've been experimenting a bit lately with different types of chocolate cakes. A while ago I made these chocolate coconut cupcakes to use up some leftover coconut milk I had. I took advantage of this opportunity and added in some Toblerone! I also used yogurt in the batter, and together with the coconut milk the cupcakes ended up with a nice texture. I topped them with a glaze using coconut milk and sprinkled some coconut flakes on top.


I have been dying to make a cake or loaf with chocolate and orange. The two just go so well together! I had a couple friends over for dinner and decided to make a chocolate orange cake for dessert.



I used orange juice, orange zest, cocoa powder and, yes you guessed it, Toblerone. I drizzled it with an orange glaze, melted Terry's chocolate orange and candied orange peel. It tasted pretty good but unfortunately I didn't write down the recipe as I went so I won't be able to share it with you. I guess I'll just have to make it again some time!



Luckily, I did write down this one...



Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
Makes 12

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup coconut milk
1 egg
3 tbsp plain yogurt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 pieces of Toblerone, coarsely chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Grease a 12 cup muffin tin.

In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.

In a large bowl cream together the sugar and butter, then beat in the egg and yogurt, followed by the coconut milk.

Gradually beat in the flour mixture until everything is well combined.

Stir in the chopped Toblerone.

Pour the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from tin and let cool.





1 comment:

  1. Oh, the life of an experimental cook! Can lead to the most delicious yet unreproducible creations, but I have faith you'll be able to recreate that orange marvel!! And the chocolate coconut was delicious, I think I will go to BulkBarn tomorrow; stock up on Coconut shavings and chickpea flour. :)

    ReplyDelete